St Mary’s Primary School
Ascot Vale, VIC
Solar Power Generation
78,416 kWh per annum
1,748 tonnes over 25 Years
Reach for the stars.
St. Mary’s school was opened by the Mercy Sisters in 1913 in its present premises. It commenced with one hundred and seventy-two students and five teachers in a three-roomed building.
In order to cater to the energy requirements of its current populace, their newly appointed Principal was quick to suggest the advantages of Solar PV technologies to his board. He had infact experienced the benefits of renewable energy during his tenure as the Principal of ‘Our Lady of Mount Carmel Primary School’, which was coincidentally powered by LECA.
Notwithstanding the past associations, a due process of appointing a reputed vendor was followed and LECA was successfully appointed the entire project scope.